Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tulips are blooming!

YAY! The Tulips are booming!




The Hostas are above ground as well




You can catch a glimpse of the Peonies behind the Tulips




The Daffodils have been blooming for about a week now.


The beginning of this year's vegetable garden. This has become a big chore.


My dad and his neighbor Russ came over and tilled the beds. I spent quite a long time pulling nails out of the cedar boards.

Now I just need a free day to get them assembled. I might need an extra set of hands as well so I'm hoping to talk a friend or two into coming over for a couple hours. It shouldn't take long. If nothing else I know I can do it myself I did it the last time. It's just easier with a second set of hands. In any case they will be done soon and the plants will go in right away. This year I did not start my own seeds, I'll be heading to the farmers market for plants. I did receive some seed potatoes from my dad, those will go in tomorrow. I've never grown potatoes before but he had extra so I decided to toss some in the garden. When all is said and done I'll have three 6X6 vegetable beds, one 6X6 cut flower bed and one loose area for the potatoes and compost bin.

I have to keep telling myself "it's only April in Minnesota."

No comments:

Post a Comment