Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Fling

I've officially called it Spring in Minnesota, I don't give a hoot about what the calendar says. When we get 75 degree temperatures in March and NO snow; it's Spring!

So last night Rhory and I had a Spring Fling party in the backyard. It was so much fun. Great friends, food and lots of laughter.

I have a feeling KV's backyard is going to see a lot of action this year!

I fenced off the entire veggie garden area so no dogs can get in there and eat all of the veggies this year. One of my dad's neighbors is going to come over and till up the garden area and in the mean time I'm going to build my raised beds. I'm also working on a design layout; very exciting.

I decided this year I'm taking orders from friends and family, if you want something grown in the backyard veggie garden you need to put in your order and agree to take the veggies when they are ready. Well, at least a share of the veggies. Last year I hated it every time I had to toss something into the trash because it was going bad.

As for the rest of the backyard; the tulips are up about 3 to 4 inches, the daffodils are almost ready to bloom. The Rhubarb it peaking out of the ground along with the Peonies and Irises. I'm very excited for my gardening adventures this year. I'm expanding more than double the size of last years veggie garden and adding a "cut" flower garden. I can hardly wait, fresh cut flowers in the house all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment