Sunday, April 25, 2010

I haven't had much time to work in the backyard this past week. Wednesday I had a curling banquet that turned out to be an allnighter. Thursday I had to drive to Rochester for a union convention. Friday and Saturday were both eaten up by the convention. And today Mother Nature decided that we needed rain. In any case I was able to step out for a bit and grab some photos. As you can see I'll have a bumper crop of Dandelions again this year.
Memorial garden
The Memorial garden is coming in nicely and I can start picking Rhubarb any time now.
Tulip, Hosta, Iris and Peonies
The plants along the garage are looking great, at least the ones on the West side of the garage. The North side does not looks so good. It gets too much shade. I think I'll need to do something else with that area soon.
Tulips, Hostas and Peonies
The Lilacs are just starting to bloom, the backyard will be smelling good soon!
Lilacs
Once again the Forget-me-nots are coming in strong!
Forget-me-nots
More Lilacs, these are the ones that run along the East side of my property. They are super old and each year I cut them back with hopes that they will come in thicker.
Lilacs

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your yard looks beautiful!
    Today's rain should really help too...Let me know when you're sick of rhubarb and I'll take a bit off your hands... strawberry rhubarb pie sounds good right now...

    ReplyDelete