Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sprouts!

The tomatoes and zucchini seeds I planted last weekend have started to grow! Now if we can get Mother Nature to participate I can get the zucchini into the ground next month. The tomatoes will have to wait until June. Once the plants get big enough I'll transplant them into larger pots so they can spend some warm days on the deck getting acclimated to the weather before putting them into the ground.

I have the plans for my new beds completed and I'm hoping to get them built next weekend. Let's hope the weather is warm and sunny. I may need to get a helping hand to get them assembled but I'm sure I can recruit a family member or a friend or two; I can offer a trade; labor for produce.

Once the new beds are built I can get the peas, beans and edamame seeds into the ground.


Bonnie's Best Tomatoes


Zucchini


Zucchini


Zucchini


San Marzano Tomato

I haven't seen any action from the pepper seeds but they take 10 - 20 days to sprout so I'm guessing they should start popping up any day now. The tomatoes and zucchini came up around April 3rd.




No comments:

Post a Comment