Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blisters

A sure sign of Spring; I've already gotten several blisters and they are well on their way to becoming calluses. I worked in the backyard for about 4 hours yesterday and about 3 hours this evening, tore out the old vegetable beds, cleared out old plants from the flower gardens and raked leaves.

I have several tulip plants MIA, missing in action. Not sure if the squirrels found them over the winter or if they are just not coming up this year. As I was working in the vegetable garden area I had delusions of grandeur thinking I have nearly 750 square feet I could turn in to garden space. Well that sounds wonderful but the truth is that is a LOT of work. I did however spend some time on the Internet checking out garden design options just in case I stirred up enough energy to do it. I'm still kicking the idea around.

The zucchini and tomato plants are doing good, still have not seen much action with the pepper plants. I expect a little movement within the next day or two.


View overlooking future vegetable garden. The old beds have been taken apart.


Plenty of space for several new beds


Memorial garden in the foreground; vegetable garden area behind.


Lilac tree on left and Magnolia tree. The grass is starting to turn green.

No comments:

Post a Comment