Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's all growing!

The backyard flowers are going crazy. I'm not a big fan of all the rain we've gotten but the flowers sure are :)

I spent all of Thursday working in the vegetable gardens. I picked a lot of weeds and hauled in several hundred pounds of manure, lucky me. The beds are ready for planting and as soon as I get another sun shiny day I'll fill them with veggie plants :) 
I'm also going to attempt to Puggle proof the gardens this year. The fence did not keep Jake from finding a way into the gardens and eating the peas, beans and brussel sprouts, talk about a stinky  hound! I stretched the fence tighter and pounded the posts in deeper; only hit my hand with the sledge one time :) now I need to find a way of securing the fence to the ground.
I've decided that I would like the tulips behind the hostas so after they are finished blooming I'm going to dig 'em up, thin them and replant them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment