Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's happening in the Backyard?

First Sunflower!



The beets are ready; the green beans are just starting to come in...


Green Beans


The Edamame (soy bean) plants are getting big but so far no beans



Zucchini is growing nicely


This one is ready to pick but I'm waiting for the weekend so I can put it on the grill


Cucumbers are finally starting to grow


View of the vegetable garden


I don't know who likes the sugar snap peas more, Jake, Lash or myself. I caught Jake swiping some this evening. He also likes to take the beets.

The tomatoes are growing big with lots of fruit on them. I'm thinking a couple more weeks of warm weather and they'll be ready to pick. The Italian tomato tree I planted is still looking pretty spindly but it has a couple tomatoes on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment